All that rermains of the Salem Lutheran Church at this location at Old Smicksburg Park are the entrance steps. As was the custom back then the men sat on one side of the church while the women sat on the other side. This was the second church built on this lot, being constructed in 1899. The church was torn down in 1944 and some wood was used in the construction of the new church on Clarion Street in Smicksburg. The church had to be torn down when the federal government condemned the property for flood control purposes.