The village of Claghorn was one of eight towns that once existed along the Ghost Town Trail. Claghorn was named for Clarence Claghorn, Superintendent of the Lackawanna Coal and Coke Company. The town was established in 1916 and although the mines closed in 1924 people continued to live in Claghorn until after WWII.
Nothing remains of Claghorn except the large three arch concrete bridge that spans Blacklick Creek. The bridge was built in 1917 at a cost of $19,000. The bridge has survived many major floods.
Claghorn at its peak had a population of about 400. There were 84 houses, a three-story 22-room hotel, a combination school-church-theatre and a company store. All gone today, only the memories remain.