Tom's Run is the small mountain stream at Pine Ridge Park. Several portions of the stream have small cascading waterfalls like this one.
Each year the PA Fish & Boat Commission stocks trout in Tom's Run, a small mountain stream at Pine Ridge County Park. And each year after the stocking some Great Blue Herons appear to do some 'fishing'. We swear they have an advance copy of the stocking schedule because we rarely see them at the park at other times of the year.
The John D. Cummins Bridge is one of 48 known covered bridges that no longer exist in Indiana County, PA. This bridge was located along Route 110 between the towns of Creekside and Chambersville. The bridge and an accompanying bridge located not far upstream, the Swan Bridge, were washed away during the St. Patrick's Day Flood of 1936. Some of the abutment stones that appear in the photo are still visible at the site. The road was rerouted further along Crooked Creek and does not cross the stream in this location any longer.
John D. Cummins was a local landowner who owned the property that is now Blue Spruce Park. The last name is sometimes spelled with a 'g'.
Four covered bridges remain in Indiana County.