The reconstructed six-by-twelve-foot mine portal entrance stands exactly where the once-bustling Mine No. 6 Portal entrance was located in Vintondale along the Ghost Town Trail. The image of men in the middle of a shift change, taken from 1938 home movie footage contributed by Vintondale resident Julius Morey, is now etched life-sized in black polished stone.
This photo depicts some of the many workers who have played a role in the development of Indiana County Parks & Trails over the past 50 years. On July 7, 1967, the Indiana County Commissioners officially established the county parks department.